Performing a Shapiro-Wilk test of normality on a numeric column
A Shapiro-Wilk test can indicate whether a numeric column appears to be
distributed according to a normal (Gaussian) distribution.
To perform a Shapiro-Wilk test of normality:
- In the Summary view, use the confidence slider to choose a
desired confidence level
- Choose the numeric column of interest on the left
- Ensure that no columns are selected in the covariate table on the right
- Choose Normality from the pop-up button labeled Test
for below the covariate view
- The result of the Shapiro-Wilk test will appear in the Bottom Line
Shapiro-Wilk tests are only supported with 5,000 or fewer observations.
Back to Wizard Help