Importing from a database server
Wizard can import data directly from MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers.
Note that large databases may take a long time to import.
To import tables from a database server:
- Choose File > Import From MySQL or PostgreSQL Server…
- Select the name of the database vendor (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- If the database is running on your Mac, select it from the pop-up
button; otherwise, select Add Server…, enter a host name or IP address, and
- If the database is running on a non-standard port, check the box and
enter its port number. (Most users will not need to check the box; if
unsure, contact your database administrator.)
- Enter the database user name and password
- Click Next
- Wizard will attempt to connect to the database. If the connection is
successful, a new sheet will appear. If the connection is unsuccessful, an
error message will appear.
- When you reach the new sheet, Wizard will let you choose the database
name in one of two ways.
- If Wizard was able to obtain a list of database names from the
server, a pop-up button will appear. Use it to select the database you
wish to import from.
- If Wizard was unable to obtain a list of database names, a text
field will appear. Enter the database name and click Load.
- Use the check boxes to select which database tables you would like to import.
- Click Import
If you are having trouble connecting to the database, contact your database
administrator for assistance.
Back to Wizard Help